ST.GEORGE’S, GRENADA, August 20, 2015 – GIS: The National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) continues to monitor the movement of Hurricane Danny as it makes its way across the Atlantic. The Meteorological Services, Maurice Bishop International Airport, continues to provide professional updates to NaDMA.
As of 1100 AM Hurricane Danny was located at 12.5 degrees North Latitude and 44.8 degrees West Longitude. About 1090 Miles East of the Windward Island. Maximum sustained wind is 75 MPH. Moving West North West at 12 MPH
HURRICANE DANNY POSES NO THREAT TO GRENADA, CARRIACOU AND PETITE MARTINIQUE AT THIS TIME.
The general public is reminded to continue to be vigilant, since the Hurricane Season only comes to an end on November 30th. Additionally, other hazards can occur during the Hurricane Season.
The following are some general SAFETY TIPS for everyone: -
1. Have a FAMILY DISASTER PLAN: - This is a written set of activities that will guide your family’s preparation for and response to hazards
2. Know where your nearest EMERGENCY SHELTERS are located
3. Have a DISASTER SUPPLIES KIT which should include water, non-perishable food, a First Aid Kit, flashlight, battery operated radio, medication and other survival items
4. Secure your important documents in a sealed, waterproof container to protect against water damage
5. Monitor radio and television stations for official information from NaDMA
Please be reminded that official advisories on all disaster related matters will come directly from the National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA).